Linked below is a great article from Sharedesk. If you are interested in coworking, or perhaps as the title of the article asks “Can Corporations Learn from Coworking”, please read the article. It provides a good review on coworking, worker autonomy, productivity, flexibility in the workplace, long-lost cubicles (remember those?!?!) and even paying employees to QUIT!
The article also quotes some interesting data from a recent Deskmag survey. Of the 1,500 coworkers surveyed,
- 75% reported an increase in productivity,
- 86% reported a decrease in their sense of isolation,
- 83% reported that they trusted others in their coworking space,
- 92% reported an increase in the size of their social circle, and
- 80% reported an increase in their business network.
So from our perspective we also agree that YES, coworking works.
For full Sharedesk article written by Oliver Cohen, click here.